Economic Theory Concentration
The Economic Theory Concentration aims to provide ISET students with expertise in game theory, industrial organization, and theoretical foundations of microeconomics. Students who successfully complete the first year of studies at ISET are eligible to participate in the concentration.
In the academic year 2015/16, students are required to take and pass all the four core courses from the following list:
- Environmental Economics by Hans Wiesmeth
- Resource Economics by Roegnvaldur Hannesson
- Mechanism Design by Motty Perry
- Industrial Organization by Avner Shaked
Students are encouraged to choose a methodology course from the following list:
- Experimental Economics by Lasha Lanchava
- Advanced Math I by Zaza Tevdoradze
- Advanced Math II by Tornike Kadeishvili
Students accepted into the concentration are required to take part in two workshops that will be held in February 2016 in Tbilisi and in June in Lausanne.
Finally, students will have to write a Literature Critique or a Master's Thesis related to the concentration. Students are also required to attend any seminars, workshops, or excursions related to the concentration.
Concentration coordinator: Florian Biermann, firstname.lastname@example.org